Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Watchmen

I finally went to see the Watchmen movie on Saturday. I must say all the Hollywood hype had me hooked. Sometimes I fall too easily for the glitter they produce. I had never read the Watchmen graphic novels and in some sense I thought this to be a good thing. Very rarely have I read a book and followed with a movie that seemingly did justice to the original story. Lord of the Rings was a fairly decent movie adaptation I felt, but Harry Potter was not.

Anyway, the Watchmen movie is long. Two hours and forty five minutes long if I am not mistaken. Too lazy to verify that right now so let us just assume I am right like I usually do. Some of my friend said it was too long, but I disagree. The movie flowed very well, it didn't feel as long as it was. Ample time was given to develop the characters' stories. Which was needed for the viewer to become involved and interested in the story. The movie in itself was a satirical look at society and mankind. It focused on Rorschach, Night Owl II, Silk Spectre II, Dr. Manhattan and Ozymandias and their relationships to the death of the Comedian.

There was plenty of lovely action, a few erotic scenes and quite a bit of conversation. It all melded together seamlessly however, giving and overall enjoyable feel. I didn't feel that I wasted my EC$15.

In fact, I would recommend the movie to anyone who is an action/adventure fan. It was a visually beautiful work with a good, well developed story. And I loved how they inserted the music into the movie, a very well used soundtrack that heightened the feel of the movie. All in all, a 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment