Friday, March 6, 2009

The News Today

Well yesterday a lady had a child in her care, I think the child was around 2 years old, and she killed the child. Well let me explain, she claims to have forgotten the child in the vehicle when she went in for work. So that little girl stayed in a locked car from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. parked in the hot St. Lucian sun.


News like this used to just make me sad, but believe me, until you have a child you cannot appreciate how this type of news can be disturbing. I mean I often check my car seat even when I know my daughter isn't there...just to make sure.


I wonder how the lady reacted when she walked to her car that afternoon and saw the dead child, i wonder how the parents of the child are dealing with this. I wonder why people still believe in a GOD who allows these things to happen.To quote the philosophy of Epicurus

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

But let's leave the religious debate for another blog. I would just like to say that this news saddens me. I offer my most sincere condolences to the family of that child, and wish the best of psychological help for the guardian to deal with what she has done.

1 comment:

  1. Just to correct myself, apparently the child was 5 years old and asleep in the back seat.

    ReplyDelete