Monday, March 30, 2009

Gaming on my PS3

I started playing Resident Evil 5 about 2 weeks ago. Whilst I must say I am a fan of the series I don't feel particularly compelled to complete this story. The graphics and story are fine but the actual game play is the problem. Moving around is good enough but the fighting is terrible. When aiming your gun or even readying your knife for an attack, your character cannot move. I mean he stands bolted to the ground as he uses his weapon. I mean, how difficult can it be to allow the character to move while aiming or shooting. This whole thing kills the experience for me so badly that I don't even feel like completing the story. Admittedly, the co-op is fun and everything else is fine as well...but that one aspect has totally destroyed the game for me. So sad.

Anyway, I find myself playing A LOT of Soul Calibur 4 online. I must admit it has turned into my favourite game. I play quite a bit online, though admittedly I am not the greatest fighter...but good enough. What I hate tho are those pompous asses online who are either sore losers, bad winners or both. Some of the losers I have faced have gone so far as to disconnect themselves from the net as soon as they lose just so that their loss doesn't register and my victory doesn't register as well. it has only happened twice so far but damn it, it is annoying.

On the flip side, there persons who win and even after you are defeated they continue to pound your character. I can appreciate if you accidentally let off one or two hits off after a KO but to pond the character after is too much. No need for that. And another thing, unless we are friends and you know I am OK with it...please keep the trash talk to yourself. I swear if I ever met some of these guys in person I would feel an immense urge to shoot them. If you have defeated me already what is the point of calling me "fag" and other names after.

Oh well. I am really looking forward to the next God of War game. I think I may also get a copy of COD. I have never really been a big fan of the series but I might give it a good old college try. My game list isn't that strong for now. I own, Assassins Creed, Heavenly Sword, Lego Star Wars, Gran Turismo - Prologue, Grand theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid 4, Prince of Persia, FIFA Streets, Street fighter 4, Soul Calibur 4, Madden NFL 09, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Warhawk and Resident Evil 5. I think that's all of em.

I don't play Street Fighter 4 much, as much fun as the game is, I really despise its input system. The moves require too much "rubbing" of the directional pad for my liking (and I am no good with the joystick). Just frustrates me when I try and pull a move of 5 times to no avail.

Madden is fun tho, but to much of a learning curve. Well, actual game play is easy it just the actual knowledge of the sport it is based on. In my country, American football isn't very popular. We play traditional football (where players actually use their feet). So the strategies in the game often are beyond me. By that I mean the ability to choose a defense best suited for a presented play or an offensive audible best suited to the defense..etc, etc, etc.

But to top it all off, my 40GB PS3 is filled. I have no space for demos or even new games. So I am desperately in need of a larger drive. I am holding off now for a 500GB model...I figure if I am going to go bigger I may as well go really big.

No comments:

Post a Comment