Monday, March 9, 2009

New Ride


Well it has been a while now that I have opted to sell my Daihatsu, Terios and purchase a new vehicle. After some looking around and discussion I settled on a Hyundai Getz. DOHC, 1600cc engine in a small car. Seems to have a decent reputation as far as cars go and its at a price I can't complain about. The thrilling part of this for me is the fact that I can use this oppurtunity to purchase a motorcycle. Something I have wanted for a long time.

I got the chance to test ride it on Sunday at the Beausejour Cricket Grounds. Oh, silly me, it's a 1993 Yamaha Virago 535. In good condition. Still needs work though...such as a new rectifier, a new front tyre, a new back rim (though the current owner has a spare rim he will give me so I just need to respoke it), new rear brakes, new front fork seals and some rust that I will need to clean up and put some protectant over. Otherwise she is a beauty. the overall costs of the repair parts are surpisingly cheap. Most of them being in the range of 20 - 80 US Dollars.

I am pretty excited about this. I always loved cruisers, the idea of just sitting back and coasting up the street at 20 mph or less is just fantastic. I was never a fan of dirt bike or sport bikes. I think the former is unattractive and the latter offers an uncomfortable riding position.

I can't wait till it is in my hands and ready to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment