Sunday, May 10, 2009

St. Lucia Jazz Festival


I have to be honest. In the years past, I used to look forward to the Jazz festival. Though, as I look back now I realise it was all for the wrong reasons. Jazz was just a lime, an image thing really. It was good for your image to be there. Although there were many great artistes, I hardly ever acknowledged their presence. Instead I would walk around seeing who was there and ensuring they saw that I was there too.

When it really came down to it, I had no interest in attending Jazz this year. First because no particular artiste attracted my attention (tho I wish I had gone to the Friday show to witness the Amy Whinehouse fiasco )and secondly because the price had got too rich for my pocket. Hey, you all may think EC$175.00 grows on trees but I have a baby to feed.

Luckily for me though (if you chose to see it that way) my GF got two (2) free tickets from her workplace. So we went to the Saturday show. So I saw George Duke with, Jeffrey Osborne, Bebe Winans, James Ingram,Teddyson John; Michael McDonald, Boo Hinkson & Friends, Estelle and Michel Aubertin. Not a bad package all things being said. Not necessarily to my taste but a good lineup none-the-less.

What did I learn though? Jazz isn't for me anymore, well at least not with the lineup they had this year. Don't get me wrong, my taste in music is pretty broad. I have an appreciation for a lot of different genres. I just have not been particularly impressed by this years lineup. However, Patti La Belle and Beres Hammond were set to perform the Sunday....that would be a good show I am sure.

I guess I really don't know what the point of this Blog is. I was so unmoved by the event i really can't find much to say though I walked with my camera with the full intention of writing a great blog. Sigh.... Such a disappointment. I think I will leave it as is and await some true inspiration for my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment